NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

North Devon Milky Way

Beautiful clear skies for a couple of nights last week near Woolacombe, stayed at Warcombe Farm camp site, really nice site. The usual sort of lights around the site, illuminating electric points and paths etc, but there is a lovely nature trail at the bottom of site heading into the dark fields. There was the odd picnic table, perfect to set up my little tripod and canon 1100d for some widefield shots.

The sky was alive, like I've never seen before, and I was out there for an hour or so, didn't notice the dew on the lens but the shots are still ok for me!  

Even bagged the Andromeda Galaxy on one shot, above the vapour trails, before the moon started to make an appearance to spoil the party. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Bonnylad said:

Nice to get out in the black. It's like a comforting cloak.

What camera settings did you use? Lens/F-stop/shutter/ISO etc.

Cheers

30sec exposures, bog standard 18-55mm lens, think about 4.5 f and 6400 ISO. Post processing a bit in Photoshop express just on my phone. 

Archived