NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sharp cap problems

Hi guys I know there is a sharp cap section but after posting there and not getting any replies here I am

I'm new to this lark and I'm struggling badly

I have a Samsung scb 2000 and sharp cap I'm using easy cap you get the images over to my laptop but that is where it goes wrong, sharp cap will not see my camera until I open up arcsoft it then seems to fire up the Samsung and sharp cap then sees the camera however it will only take 1single frame of recording and that's it I am at my wits end and getting very frustrated by the hour and kind of help would be good

Regards Baz

Hi guys,

the single frame thing is an issue with the drivers for a particular type (types?) of frame grabber USB device. Something that SharpCap is doing is making the driver misbehave, but I have no idea what the problem is.

The workaround I'm suggesting is to others who have this issue is to use a frame grabber from http://www.ezcap.tv/ - I have one of these and know it works correctly in SharpCap (and since I have one I can test and fix any issues that do come up).

cheers,

Robin

Hi yeah that's the same one I have that's giving me issues it's on windows 8 and I've also tried it on a laptop with windows 7 and it won't see the camera at all? 

I have just checked and it's the 116 model as well and isn't a fake

Just redoing the drivers now on a clean install

Well I've just about done everything it seems as there is an issue with easy cap drivers rather than sharp cap no matter what I do I cannot install the drivers for easy cap either through dl or disc I'm at the end of My tether right now Arrgh any advice is welcome

Regards Baz

The correct drivers for the EZCap 116 can be downloaded here

http://www.ezcap.tv/ezcapdriver.zip

When the correct drivers are being used the device should show in device manager as two entries

* USB 2861 Device
* USB Audio Device

both in the 'Sound, Video and game controllers' section (Win10).

It should also show as 'USB 2861 Device' in SharpCap.

What error do you get when trying to install the drivers?

cheers,

Robin

Sorry for the delay

Well I've reinstalled the drivers on a different laptop running windows 7 and after a hell of a struggle I've managed to get it to see the device but it shows as usbtv 007 and audio device in it properties it works in sharp cap and shows as oem device but still only takes one single frame is there any work round to get it to record as when I use sharp cap with my webcam it's faultless and the best I've used

Regards Baz

USBTV007 isn't an EasyCap116... it's one of the 'alternate' offerings. I have 3x EZCaps. Two are legit 116s (with stk1160 chipset) and work fine. The other shows as USBTV007 and behaves exactly as yours does - single frame only (fushicai chipset). Completely different chipset to the others.

See here for the 4x variants: https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Easycap - afaik only those based on stk or empia chipsets work happily with sharpcap.

@Marci

you beat me to it. To get the genuine EZCap you have to buy it from the www.ezcap.tv site I linked to above. Bought from anywhere else it's a clone and although it may look the same it may have a different chip inside and whether it will work properly is a lottery.

If someone has a link (amazon,ebay etc) to one that they know doesn't work (ie captures one frame only) please share it with me and I'll buy one for testing to see if I can do anything about the problem.

cheers,

Robin

If memory serves correctly, if they're advertised as being compatible with Mac OSX then they're usually an stk or empia one. If no mention of OSX then ignore it. S'my usual rule of thumb when getting 'em off eBay/Amazon.

@barrie greenwood

Can you share the link from which you bought the one you are having problems with?

It would also be helpful if you could share the USB_ID of the device - go into device manager, right click on the device, select Properties, go to the 'Details' tab and select hardware IDs from the dropdown.

For my genuine EZCAP that works I get

USB\VID_EB1A&PID_2861&REV_0100&MI_00

USB\VID_EB1A&PID_2861&MI_00

I expect yours will be different, but it would be good to know what they are.

cheers,

Robin

Yeah I looked at the ezcap site and it said it had to be in a red box which this one was showing 116 model so I assumed it was legit it was bought from another guy who is a genuine person so it's no major deal but it's been a little frustrating to say the least when that didn't work I bought another from eBay and same thing but your explanation solves it.

Still it's solved that's the main and like always you pay for what you get

Here is a screen shot of the id's

And this is the item number from eBay

Hope this helps somewhat it's been a very frustrating issue and I hope it's now sorted out when the new one arrives many thanks to all that replied  if you need any more info on the device's that don't work please let me know

Regards Baz

IMG_20160826_090715.jpg

Also checked both devices and exactly the same hardware id's are shown for both devices so they are the same fake capture devices so beware even in a legit looking box it may just be a fake buy it from the ezcap website it works out about £15 more expensive but it will work and save you a headache

Baz

OK guys update on this it may be some use to a noob like me at some point

The new ezcap came today purchased from ezcap website plugged in and ran it up opened up sharp cap and bingo it's spot on and works every time

Strange though it came in exactly the same package as the fakes so beware and only but it from the ezcap website, it had driven me mad abs I was ready to kick the whole imaging thing in the bin

Thanks guys for all your help and Robin I've not sent this fake over yet but will do so I got busy the other day and didn't mange to get it packed off

Best regards Baz

Archived