Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New life for a junk scope

part timer

I was supposed to spend Sunday fixing my scope but ended up resurrecting my daughters Toys 'r' us refractor as to my supprise the objective lens is of passible quality.

I didn't mak a tripod as she doesn't have space in her room and so this design has a small 'Footprint'.

The mount now works really well and my daughter can find the moon etcetera really easily.

The eyepiece is from an old pair of cheap binoculars. the other half may make a finder eventually!

7070_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The wood by the way is about 75 % recycled IKEA furniture with a fey bits and bobs lying around.

7071_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It does need a lick of paint though!!

Luke

Thought you'd like the nails. :shocked:

I was going to get a cheapybb gun sight or something but the nails are working well at the moment. They wouldn't work at a dark site as you would not see them but from my yard It really doesn't matter.

They are as easy to aim as it gets (especially as the moon is the main target) so for a six year old that's what counts.

Archived