Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ5 Pro Goto mount

I notice in your first 2 sentences you say you polar align and balance, then put weights and OTA on your mount. How are you balancing your mount if the weights and OTA aren't on your mount?

You need to balance your OTA and weights whilst they are on your mount. With the extra weight of these it will put your polar alignment out.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, geordie85 said:

I notice in your first 2 sentences you say you polar align and balance, then put weights and OTA on your mount. How are you balancing your mount if the weights and OTA aren't on your mount?

You need to balance your OTA and weights whilst they are on your mount. With the extra weight of these it will put your polar alignment out.

I meant I use a spirit level to balance the mount then polar align add weights and ota balance the scope then heck polar alignment again.

On 19/08/2016 at 17:28, wookie1965 said:

I will do that and try it thank you I got a kit off ebay to make my own jubilee clips as i could not find any big enough another SGer on here (Spaceboy) said use electrical trunking make the action smoother. Instead of paying out for scope rings so can rotate the OTA when viewing this does the exact same thing for half the price if not more jubilee kit cost £2.65 and trunking was £5. great mod.

20160819_172150.jpg

Typical I have only just thrown out some old cable trunking and have now found some of the cable tie as I used to use it installing air con ducting. Ended up using some hosepipe that I have cut open..sure ain't pretty but gets the job done.

Archived