NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

August 15th - H Alpha

paulastro

Up early expecting wall to wall sunshine, as it turned out a lot of cloud developed quite quickly so I was pleased for my early start - and even then I had to shoot through thin cloud.   As I write this, 9.20 am, it is mostly clear, so hopefully it will stay this way and I may get some better images later.  Some nice prominences, the best in the E and several in the W.  Usual kit, images taken at 6.47 am and 6.50 am.

P8150381a.jpg

P8150418a.jpg

P8150418b.jpgP8150418c.jpg

2 hours ago, Macavity said:

Great details!  Just come in m'self! Was the seeing reasonable today?
(I get that impression, but of course this remains to be confirmed!) :p

Thanks Chris, the seeing was ok for about ten minutes here and then went to awful, which was what the seeing was like when I took the WL images in my other post.

Many thanks everyone.  I forgot to mention the AR which has just come onto the E limb, in the 7.30 position on the full disk image.  On the spaceweather.com's WL pic for today there is a very small sunspot in this position.  While it shows up on my WL pic from this morning also, I can't actually see the spot - though I did my best to convince myself that I could :smile:.

59 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

Nice set there.  The seeing was ok earlier,  but has deteriorated now.

Many thanks Pete. Yes, the seeing went down rapidly for me this morning too.  In fact it went downhill after I had taken my HA and by the time I was on WL it was very poor.  It's been no better since, when it has been bright it's been very hazy, ah well.  :smile:

Archived