Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's been so long , so very long since I've seen my grandson or the stars

I had a visit from my grandson last week and he was excited beyond belief to see something really cool up in the cosmos. 1st night after the long trip down he went to sleep on me , the 2nd night we had cloud cover and he was frustrated and went back in . I sat watching intently for a hole in the clouds that didn't  seem to come until I had almost everything packed in and then it came . Everything back out in a frenzy yelling "We've got a hole" . He came flying out of the house and looked at Cass. , Vega and some other bright stars . He really wanted to see some Planets but, the sky just wouldn't allow it. He was really impressed and told me that was it , he started to go in but, then as I was getting ready to pull the 2" 9mm 100* out of the Z10 "Come back ! " I said you've gotta see this . He sat down at the ep and his face lit up , what is this ?  It's a super awesome fuzzy thing , that my boy is a globular cluster with about a  100,000 tightly grouped stars . His 1st deep sky experience thru a actual telescope other than a toy, It has been marked 7-29-16  Connors 1st dso m75. He is hooked so xmas is going to be a very good xmas for him.

A learning experience in patience and futility, it's not the end of the story " hopefully."  I want to teach him everything I know and get him hooked up with WORLD Wide Telescope so he can learn and see what's out there. One of these days the Cannon will be his and his world will be filled with some awesome viewing.

Archived