Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heq5 power supply

Astroblagger

FLO or Maplin .

If you are purely visual then a battery will probably suffice , provided it's of sufficient capacity to last through a long freezing winter's session , i.e. not a puny 7Ah job that will give up the ghost after a few hours.

If however you are going to be going down the photographic route then a mains supply on hand is nigh on essential.

You will end up powering mount , camera , laptop , focuser , filter-wheel , etc , etc , etc ... and a battery will let you down mid-session at some point , guaranteed .

Provided you are sensible and cover the extension lead end to protect it from dew there will be no problem using mains outside , I use power tools outside all day long , in all weathers and have never had a problem .

I have a 85A/h battery and after 3-4 hours imaging my atik camera starts playing funny boy, vertical lines etc I power 2 dew heaters, netbook, atik camera etc so on a long imaging run id prefer mains power I see 12v/5 A supplies on ebay for £6-7, wonder would these do?

Archived