Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full Spectrum mod (done), IR/UV blocking

Had modded my canon 1100d some months ago, full spectrum as will only be used for astro work.

No intention of attaching a scope, will only use standard lenses.

Are there filters which attach over the end of the lens, or in between body and lens? The astronomik is too much - camera was only £70 so refusing to pay more than that.

I'm after a standard UV/IR fiilter, but would also like to image in IR too so whatever filter removes 'normal' light, so suggestions welcome. I've seen hoya and leica filters on ebay, they any good and how do they fit? 

Cheers

Just be sure to check that the filter is both UV and IR cut, most are just UV cut as they expect the camera to have strong IR block built in.

IR pass filters are certainly available as well.

One thing you could do is get an adaptor from your camera lens thread to M48 filter thread, this would allow you to use standard Astro filters on the lens.  This would also effectively become an external aperture mask.

Archived