NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Pro SynScan

Just taken delivery of the above mount and have a question I'd like to ask. Having never used or seen one in the flesh before I'm just wondering if the low level high pitched whine sound emitted even when idle is normal. My EQ5 pro Synscan doesn't make such a noise so I thought I would check with those who are in the know.

I must say what a heavy chunk of kit this mount is, just spent a couple of hours unpacking and playing and I think I may have some aching muscles tomorrow :shocked:

Thanks in advance for any help. 

2 minutes ago, Hertford Stargazer said:

My EQ5 pro Synscan doesn't make such a noise

My EQ5 pro does make a whirring sound when it is tracking in RA. In fact I can tell from the different noises whether the RA motor is driving the mount or if it is working through backlash. You should expect some form of sound from the EQ6. Check to see that the sounds during slewing when moving through 360 degrees for each axis do not change. If they do then there may be some binding.

Dan :happy7:

Thanks for the replies, I must have a very quiet EQ5 :icon_biggrin:. I've driven both axis on the NEQ6 through 360 degrees and theres no change in sound that I could distinguish, I'm sure it's all fine, just me being over-protective.

One other question I forgot to put in the opening post, is there somewhere I can buy upgraded Alt bolts?

Thanks

Neil

I've done some SGL research on the bendy bolt issue so I've kind of answered my own questions on that one.

On Monday I shall be ordering a new OTA for the NEQ6, now wanting to try and avoid another outbreak of aperture fever I was looking at the Skywatcher Explorer 300P-DS OTA, it would be for visual only so would this be within the NEQ6's capability or should I go for the 10 inch OTA.

Thanks

Neil

Archived