Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

use of a clear filter

My set up currently has a IDAS P2 Light pollution filter at the focuser and then a filter wheel containing an UV/IR -Cut/L filter for taking Luminance images.

What would the effect of changing the UV/IR filter with a clear filter for taking luminance images. Is my understanding correct that currently the IDAS and UV/IR filters are doing similar jobs?

Thanks for looking

I've a feeling that the ED80 in your signature might benefit from the Lum rather than the clear filter but you'd need to look at the whole bandpass situation to be sure. The danger zone would be in the UV/blue area where the doublet is imperfectly corrected.

Olly

Hi Olly

Thanks for that. I must admit I don't profess to understand the technical side of all this, could you explain or point me to some simple explanation. I have also obtained an ED120 Equinox presumably the same problem would occur?

Regards

Alec

Archived