Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro filters and cameras

Yes you can get them - it's a 49 - 52mm step up ring I beleive that you need. (I have one)

There is a company in Dorset that sells them - I'll try and dig out the web address.

Ant

I beleive that the 49mm thread is spot on.

If you can wait till I get home I will be able to read off of the one I have.

But it the correct thread is not a normal camera filter size - which is why they are not available from EVERY camera shop.

Ant

A while back I bought a 2" moon/skyglow filter - baader?. Just today took delivery of a 58mm - 48mm step down ring. Means that I can fit it to the front of my canon and sigma lens. Fit is quite snug and it does not feel that anything particularly interesting happening to the thread on the step ring or the filter. On inspection it does not look like the threads will match. However, it works.

As reagrds vignetting - I am not sure that this will happen for although we are "stepping down" it does not actually infringe upon the optical elements in the lens - there is still a clear aperture.

£6 total inc postage via the ebay shop of www.nanites.co.uk. Ordered on Wed, arrived Fri. I'm quite happy with that.

Anthony

Archived