Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear Night

Martin 2

Wow, its stunning tonight, you can almost touch the Milkyway.

I,m sitting in the warm room listening to the guiding chirping away, I,m trying for NGC5907, dews a pain so the hairdryer is handy but its a privilege to be out tonight under this sky.

Martin

yep, that was my sentiments exactly.

Shame it didnt get dark till after 12 and my frames started to show lightening around 2.45am.

I just wished I had MORE stuff, was like a kid in a sweet shop last night....so MANY targets, so LITTLE time!! Hope they dont go away anytime soon!.

TJ

I totally agree, I enjoyed last night - first time for seeing the milk way this year. Although my eye didn't really get dark adapted anough to do it justice.

I managed 40 x 4min subs on M27, I had to bin one this morning due to bad tracking - strange how every other frame was near perfect - maybe a rougue cloud came over and I didn't notice.

Three of the frames had satilite tracks through them, but I'll include them in the stack and see what happens.

But all in all I was chuffed with last night and getting nearly 3 hours of data. I'm damn tired today though.

Ant

Promised a clear night here, but it clouded over as it got dark, with the occasional clear patch between the puffy clouds. I waited and waited until it started geting light, then packed up, frustrated, annoyed, desperate, etc etc etc

Well, got 20 180sec subs and just had a go at them and thet are rubbish, so noisey its untrue, must get a dew strip, I think what looks like noise is dew forming on the scope, with this star 2000 guiding you have to guide x 2 for each sub ie. a 180 sec sub takes 360 secs to shoot and it was so bad last night I think that by the end of each sub the dew had started to form again, still it was just nice to be out last night. NOW wheres my wallet.

Martin

Promised a clear night here, but it clouded over as it got dark, with the occasional clear patch between the puffy clouds. I waited and waited until it started geting light, then packed up, frustrated, annoyed, desperate, etc etc etc

Indeed. Luckily I had already decided that last night was going to be a visual night :). I had only planned for an hour, ended up being over two because due to cloud dodging...

Tony..

Archived