Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Old reprocessed data

Astroboy239

2 hours ago, Astroboy239 said:

I reprocessed my data of the trifid nebula. Total integration 100x60sec processed in pixinsight and Lightroom. 

Please feel free to comment and critisize 

LrMobile2506-2016-1055210356879588039.jpeg

Ah!  Criticise is too harsh a word really.   The efforts involved producing these deep sky beauties demand utmost respect,  so perhaps Honest Appraisal would serve the purpose much better :icon_biggrin:,  Your efforts have produced a very nice result of the Trifid  Nebula.  Well done. 

Used SCNR in PI to lose the green bias

Used Levels in PS to selectively adjust the red channel in the nebula

Global adjustment of Hue & Saturation

Selective area unsharp mask followed by Gaussian blur

StarShrink plugin used to shrink the stars by a small amount

This was of necessity a very quick and dirty attempt to show some of the things that I would address, really I think the image would also benefit from gradient removal too (at an early stage) but that can't be done cleanly using the posted jpg - you need to be working with the original unstretched data. Remember this is just my personal preferences, I'm not claiming my choice of settings are 'right' or 'better' :-)

ChrisH

Archived