Milky Way light .

Just a couple of hours from 11, four inches of achro provided some stunning views. Firstly, Mars was quite settled and detailed from x166 to x200. Later Saturn gave a really crisp views .
Cygnus up through to Lacerta gave rich star fields . 75 Cygni  splitting up and 79 showing a multiple group. Bigger apertures will split the 1.5"A.
The "Blinking" planetary nebulae ,NGC 6826 , blinks and is is non stellar even at x40. This is a lovely rich view filled with chains of stars and binaries.
Just going through my Caldwell lists is a great way to get from the usual and the fine sparkling NGC 7243 showed how lovely clusters can be. 
Lacerta, Vulpecula, Delphinus and Cepheus provided views, before cloud drifted in,
Clear skies !
Nick.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Nick,

Always nice to read your reports and see lovely sketching.

This is becoming un-fair, I managed Mars for 10 seconds in a thinning of the storm clouds around 10.00pm. It's nice to see at least someone is getting some clear sky as there is not much of it here, 3 storms yesterday and more rain, more tomorrow as well, still saves me having to water the garden.

Alan

That's bad. We're getting a bar b q summer. Yesterday we had the heating on and I dug up my winter jumper. This weather is no friend , but the high pressure has brought in a string of lovely nights. I'll blow some your way, at least you aren't under ten ft. Of water in Paris,

Nivk.

All right for some! This part of the country has seen cloud, rain, gloom, drizzle etc etc. There was a clear night promised last night which turned out to be a non-starter. It's not just Bulgaria getting the four letter word weather.

Chris

Archived