Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57

cardconvict

My first colour image with the new set up. RGB 3 X 5 Mins in each channel at 1x1 bin, Lum 3 x 5 mins 1x1 binn. The set up is a RC8 with a CCDT67 Focal reducer mounted on a EQ6 Pro and captured with StarLight Xpress Trius 694 and software used was the amazing SGPro. This is my first attempt of processing images from a CCD Mono in all the filters. Does anyone have any tips on any free good software that can be used to calibrate and align the images to be used in photoshop. I did use DSS and then auto start suite Image processing software but was a bit of a mess about.

M57.jpg

That really is a very nice capture even more so considering its your first attempt at processing mono ccd images,great job well done. Other than DSS I dont know of any other free software for calibrating and stacking the images. I can recommend PI for doing this as it has a great batch processing script for calibration and registration.

58 minutes ago, andyo said:

That really is a very nice capture even more so considering its your first attempt at processing mono ccd images,great job well done. Other than DSS I dont know of any other free software for calibrating and stacking the images. I can recommend PI for doing this as it has a great batch processing script for calibration and registration.

I think I need to start to save up a lot of penny's, but first I will try out the demo first. Also looking at CCDStack which looks interesting as well.

Archived