Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M63 - Sunflower Galaxy

Brent

This is from the 7th May - I managed to get a little mojo back after several outings of the mount guiding extremely poorly. For some reason guiding was really good and it didn't drop a sub. I'm sure it won't last though! There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how it might behave on a given night and it's quite soul destroying!

Anyway, this is 19x300s, ISO 800, 60 flats, 60 bias, no darks but dithered.

I'm quite pleased with it really and would like to add to it eventually.

It was processed in StarTools but is a low resolution screen grab as I (still) haven't purchased the full software.

Thanks for looking.

Sunflower_19x300s_ISO800_3xDrizzle_Flats_Bias_StarTools-Fin.png

1 hour ago, southerndiver357 said:

Hi Brent, that's really nice; especially if it is a low res screen grab!

Thanks, very kind!

1 hour ago, southerndiver357 said:

Do you not like Deep Sky Stacker? It saves in 16 or 32 bit TIFF or FITS format so would be a lot higher resolution and it's free.

It was stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, StarTools is an astro specific processing software which doesn't allow you to save in the demo version. I seem to get better results with it when compared to my own Photoshop attempts so I must get around to buying it when I can afford it :happy11:

14 hours ago, laudropb said:

Very nice image. Lots of detail showing, for a screen grab.

Many thanks! I am pleased with it so far.

6 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

All it needs is more and it'll be a winner. The resolution is excellent

Olly

Thanks Olly. I always appreciate you commenting on my imaging efforts because I know I'll get truthful, honest critique along with advice when necessary and that's what I'm really after! This is a boost for my "imaging ego" and instills some much needed confidence in my equipment as well! :happy11:

17 hours ago, Brent said:

It was stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, StarTools is an astro specific processing software which doesn't allow you to save in the demo version. I seem to get better results with it when compared to my own Photoshop attempts so I must get around to buying it when I can afford it

Brent, please private message me your Paypal email address and I'll donate you a StarTools license so we can get to see the end result. And keep at that guiding, you'll sort out what's up eventually :)

ajk, I really had no words for a while there after reading your comment! That is a hugely generous gesture, and I thank you. The generosity of this community never fails to impress me and I am humbled.

However, I hope you don't take offence in me not taking up your offer, but it wouldn't be right for me to do so. I would be wrong to take advantage when there are those on the forum who would love to be able to afford even the lowly kit (in the grand scheme of things!) that I own.

I have just about packed my gear away until late August and so have little use for the software until then. By that time I will be able to purchase it without problem.

Once again though, thank you, and I hope you can see where I am coming from and take no offence! It is the selfless spirit of people like you that really injects the life into this special forum :smiley:

Archived