Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 GT

DRT

A brief update on tracking. I set the mount up with my ED120 and 200P at around 18:00 yesterday. It was left on all night and all day today and from around 10am to 18:00 today tracked the Sun beautifully. 24 hours without any degradation in accuracy including three in-flight scope changes is quite impressive given that the placement of the mount was roughly north at the outset.

Very pleased :smile:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the picture, Jaimie. I'm planning on using a 12" or 15" ADM Losmandy dovetail so might need to do a bit of a mod on the rings unless the mounting blocks OOUK are sending me fit the bill.

Not something I need to worry about for a few weeks/months I suppose :rolleyes2:

On 5/8/2016 at 08:06, DRT said:

The only niggle I have with it is that the plate that fits to the tripod doesn't have a hole to take an azimuth pin so it is difficult to get it really tight and avoid the pillar turning when you apply any pressure to the mount. I'll probably drill a hole to fix that but apart from that it is excellent and puts the scopes at a nice height.

So, it's not just me that found this about the extension tube. SW seem to think we all own pillar drills to fix stuff (luckily I do)

22 hours ago, DRT said:

Thanks for the picture, Jaimie. I'm planning on using a 12" or 15" ADM Losmandy dovetail so might need to do a bit of a mod on the rings unless the mounting blocks OOUK are sending me fit the bill.

Not something I need to worry about for a few weeks/months I suppose :rolleyes2:

Wish I kept my old one now, sold it a while back as never thought i'd need it! I may do similar to you and install a bigger dovetail, may need to mod the curved block and add extra holes. The block will give you a flat surface to work from - the curvature from rings without this block may be problematic. i'll take a picture of it when get a moment with it off so can see. Either way, likely it will be august now by time get some use, hence will be timed well! :)

Archived