SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Upgrade mount advice please

Hi guys I'm a novice with astronomy this is my first year with a scope after many years of prevarication I bought myself a sky watcher 150 p alt/az goto .After a couple moths viewing and having great fun I would like to start taking pics so I need a eq mount I've bought and read the book making every photon count , I would like to keep my scope upgrade my mount I've seen this mount 

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/clearance_skywatcher-neq6-pro-synscan_51426.html?utm_source=sgl&utm_medium=sponsor_thread&utm_content=CLR-527&utm_campaign=SGL%20Clearance%20rel=

My question can I keep the scope and buy some rings attach my scope to new eq mount using those rings .Ive checked FLO they have rings but I don't get there sizes they don't seem to have rings for 150 they have 140 and I think 160 so bit confused as to the size and what do I fix to the rings to fix scope in puck is that some kind of plate .  

Thanks in in advance for any help offered I've had help already from some helpful members which I thank again 

ps the reason for the quite expensive mount is I'm intending the buy 8" later on 

7 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The link doesn't appear to be working, possibly the mount (NEQ6) has been already sold. The telescope will attached to the mount using rings, you will need to check the diameter of the tube to confirm the required size, possibly 182mm.

Cheers for your reply ye sorry about dead link I think I'm gonna get the heq5 mount just wanted to make sure I can still use my scope .My scope I believe is 150 MM. I've checked the rings nearest to that size is 160 MM would they be the right size would they be 10 MM over ?

and the bracket that's on my scope that fixes the scope to alt/az I take it I just remove that 

1 minute ago, Trade007 said:

My scope I believe is 150 MM. I've checked the rings nearest to that size is 160 MM would they be the right size would they be 10 MM over ?

and the bracket that's on my scope that fixes the scope to alt/az I take it I just remove that 

As suggested above, you will to get rings larger than 150 or even 160mm. Your scope has a primary mirror of 150mm diameter. The tube that holds it will be significantly larger. You will need to measure it, but the suggestion of 182mm sounds good. If in doubt, e-mail FLO and they will confirm the dia. that you require.

8 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The link doesn't appear to be working, possibly the mount (NEQ6) has been already sold. The telescope will attached to the mount using rings, you will need to check the diameter of the tube to confirm the required size, possibly 182mm.

Cheers for your reply ye sorry about dead link I think I'm gonna get the heq5 mount just wanted to make sure I can still use my scope .My scope I believe is 150 MM. I've checked the rings nearest to that size is 160 MM would they be the right size would they be 10 MM over ?

cheers for that I understand now I've emailed FLO just wanted to check with people on here if I could still use that particular scope thank you 

If flo don't do the right size rings orion optics do custom ones. I had to go down this route recently when I bought an NEQ6 pro for my home made 9" newt. The rings were about £50 from memory. 

On 23/04/2016 at 23:50, Trade007 said:

You need to measure the diameter of the tube before ordering the rings.

Archived