NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Ultrastar C Results

HiloDon

Hi All,

As a volunteer at the Mauna Kea VIS, I have the great opportunity to train UHH students and VIS staff on the use of the SX Lodestar and Ultrastar for the VIS outreach program.  Recently, one of the trainees, Linda K, had a great session with the Ultrastar C on a C14 Edge with Hyperstar.  I thought I would share some results with you, and Linda gave the ok to post her fine work.  I'm sure she would appreciate any feedback.  This was her first time using the Ultrastar.  All exposures were various stacks of 30 second subs.  Paul's Starlight Live v3.0 on a MacBook Pro was used.

Don

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry, forgot to post the Box.

Box Galaxies.LK.4.8.16.png

Wonderful captures, they must have looked truly spectacular in the setting of the observatory. I think the colour rendition is excellent and very natural looking, if you see what I mean. The Antennae galaxies are a tad green, but that's actually my favourite object of the bunch. I also note that the objects in the denser star fields seem to have the greater 'wow' factor (for me at least). Pass on my congratulations to Helen for a good job. :) 

Rob

Very nice indeed. All awesome images.

I really appreciate the image of the Sombrero. It's one of the next subjects on my ever increasing list. :smiley:

Hoping to try a bit of wide field when I'm on the Big Island next Nov.

Archived