Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 19/4/16 @ 20.30UT

mikeDnight

Lovely sketch Mike. I was observing Jupiter last night too and intended to try sketching, but I found the seeing was not good and I could not tease out the detail. This morning with Saturn and Mars was much better though but I haven't tried sketching these two! 

3 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

Lovely sketch Mike. I was observing Jupiter last night too and intended to try sketching, but I found the seeing was not good and I could not tease out the detail. This morning with Saturn and Mars was much better though but I haven't tried sketching these two! 

Thanks Kerry,

I've been plagued with fast moving air currents lately which just destroys the definition. The moon last night was a little lower than jupiter and was rippling with turbulent air, but jupiter just a few degrees higher seemed to be in a steady patch. Just after I'd completed my sketch the seeing went down hill again. We've just got to make the best of whatever comes our way I suppose. I'm glad you managed to get a decent view of Mars and Saturn though. 

Mike

On 23/04/2016 at 18:16, t0nedude said:

Lovely sketch mate, I may have to break out my Vixen FL102s (first time in over 10 years, maybe even 15) and see what I can see....

Tony.

Definitely  break out that Vixen FL 102 Tony. There are folk round here who would kill for a scope like that! :icon_cyclops_ani:

Mike

Archived