Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New ZWO APS-C CMOS Cooled Cams

SnakeyJ

On 4/10/2016 at 21:46, SnakeyJ said:

Just picked up the e-mail announcement on a new range of Cooled APS-C cameras, including a mono sensor with 14bit depth.

But they are not 14bit, instead 12bit.

Full well: 20ke

ADC:12bit

EDIT: ASI178MM is actually the only ZWO 14bit camera - correct me if I'm wrong though.

11 hours ago, Herra Kuulapaa said:

But they are not 14bit, instead 12bit.

Full well: 20ke

ADC:12bit

EDIT: ASI178MM is actually the only ZWO 14bit camera - correct me if I'm wrong though.

I may well be wrong here, it was written up in a table at 14 bits only on the mono CMOS, though I can't find the link again now.

Here are the specs: ASI1600mm

I'm a bit confused too.

"With 21.9 mm sensor size and high resolution 3.8 µm pixels, the ASI1600MMC monochrome camera offers very high detail resolution and a large field of view at the same time. Thus you can record galaxy clusters and simultaneously show fine details in the single galaxies. Through the new SONY STARVIS and Exmor R technology, images with very little noise are generated, with high sensitivity at the same time."

However the sensor is made by Panasonic. They must have licensed the technology, but still the text implies to Sony sensor. Hmmm....

Archived