Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dull day; quiet disc

Floater

Dull and dreich day here so checked Gong to see what I was missing. Not much, it seems. Interesting new AR in the East but no proms worth mentioning.

Not sure whether to feel happy or not ...

image.png

Hiya Gordon, it is best to feel happy.

If it is any consolation it has been pretty much pants for solar in Northampton also :hello: I did get to see a nice prom last week !!!!! Mind you it has been a lot more rewarding at night & I have had quite a few decent sessions with the scope & binoculars :happy7: so I cant complain too much.

Thanks for the encouragement, Shaun.

I'm not too upset 'cos I, too, got a few good views of Sol last week, though nothing extended. However, night for me has been awful. The best forecast was for Thursday and there I was, Dob cooled, and all necessary accoutrements at hand ... and the best I managed was five minutes on Jupiter (which was cool) and half an hour faffing about before it was obvious that the blanket was pulled up tight for the night.

It's 'character-building', they used to tell me.  ??

By the way, I haven't got the sense to be anything else but happy.

That spot is a cracker, had a look in Ha this morning and that inspired me to build a new Baader film filter, although by that time the seeing was going and the clouds came in.

Still good views on screen. I've missed the white light stuff.

Archived