Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trouble with finding target with dslr attached to scope.....

Hi all.....I got a t ring to attach my canon eos 700d to a skywatcher scope..I know my red dot is spot on in terms of alignment but when I try to view Jupiter through the camera live view screen I see nothing...I've tried the scope focus but no joy.......are there certain settings I need to set my camera to to get an image..? Also while I've got your attention what are your opinions on 14mm f2.8 samyang lenses...?

I don't know how you aligned the red dot finder - but if you center it on the view through the camera viewfinder (whilst camera is attached to the scope) you will get nearer the object. That's what worked for me. You should see a small dot on the screen which you can then enlarge electronically with the camera zoom, and refine the red dot finder till it's spot on. Ignore me if you already did that. :)

Archived