NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any close-ups of AR2526 taken around 2.46pm today in WL?

paulastro

Anyone taken an image around this time today?  The reason I'm asking is that I took a snap at this time and I wanted to see what detail was visible in high-res white light images so I could compare them with my low-tech image.  I know there will be much, much more detail in an image taken with stacked video images, but if I compared them with my effort I will know how to interpret anything in future images I take using the technique I tried this afternoon.  I was particularly interested to know if the 'cactus'-like feature coming out of the umbral regionP3300288b.jpg is anything like that shape in reality!?

Anything like Alexandra's  superb image posted earlier today and taken at about the same time as I took this would be ideal!  Not much to ask for surely, ha ha.

My snap was with a SW 100 f9 ED, Lunt H Wedge, x3 ED barlow (or at least that's what it says on it!) and my Olympus E-M5, 1/250 sec at 500asa.  The mount used was a manual fork mount, and as usual I used a cable release to fire the shutter.

13 hours ago, Steve Ward said:

Alexandra's image from today is absolutely the best you'll see of it ... :happy7:

I absolutely agree, I don't know when it was taken though, the 'cactus' might not have been there earlier!  :icon_biggrin:

Many thanks everyone. Charl, many thanks for posting your picture.   I think the spot changed rather by the time you took your shot this morning.  I took a similar one to yours this afternoon at 3.54 pm using a Vixen 4 inch f10 achromat up at The Astronomy Centre. (below).  Taken with the Olympus E-M5 and Lunt H Wedge, 1/640 at 500 asa. 

P3310750a.jpg

Archived