Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

zwo asi120mm phd2 failure

Hi everyone
I am trying to get my asi120mm connected to phd2. The camera is recognised and it detects e.g. the pixel size of 3.75.

1. After the first run, the wizard crashes at building the dark library
AppStamp: 568cca2e
ModName: asicamera2.dll
ModVer: 1.11.0.13
ModStamo: 566927d9
iDebug: 0
Offset: 00035c52

2. restarting PHD2, the camera connects (I see 'Camera connected' at bottom left) but the screen remains dark and no frames are taken. I've tried pointing the camera at light, through the telescope, increasing the timeout before phd2 packs up, the gain, resettig phd2 to default values... But nothing is seen on the PHD2 screen. No image.

3. I've tried PHD2 2.6.0, 2.6.1 and 2.6.1 dev6 so I don't think its phd2

4. I tried building a dark library by selecting the windows webcam instead of the zwo. It builds the library this time but still dispays nothing on screen.

5. Tried 2 different usb cables.

6. Tried updating to the latest zwo drivers.

Am getting the idea of returning the camera.
Any ideas before I do so?

TIA

Did you try a different program (for example firecapture, sharpcap,etc) to see what happens?

My asi120mc never works properly (for guiding with phd2) with any other cable than the supplied one...

• 4 weeks later...

Replacement camera. Worked first time. I'm sure this can be improved upon. This is a first try with a polarscope aligned eq6 and the default zwo values. Good for 3 minutes. Couldn't go further due to the moon. Any suggestions most welcome.

The slope seems to have levelled. Only a little of course,snip2.JPG but noticeably easier to walk uphill now. I wonder which challenge comes next?

Archived