NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crescent SHO from last October

nightster

Last October we had amazing sky condition for over a week and I was grabbing data at an unprecedented rate. I totally forgot I had a nights data on the Crescent neb and never fully processed it. Cleaning up my drive I found the partially processed data and went ahead and completed processing the data I got that night.  Here is the Crescent Neb in SHO.  Might be short on integration time and I always seem to get a purple tinge on star in SHO but otherwise not a bad attempt, this was before I upgraded the guide cam and the focuser. There is a bit of DEC backlash showing in the star shapes. Still working on that problem.  

large.SHO_Crescent_final.png

10x600 ea NB filter.

Yes, that whole region is interesting. I have such a time when trying to process NB to keep the stars from gaining a purple bias without increasing the star size.  Using PS selective color will kill that hue but seems to double the star size....much more to learn :)

After I processed the Tri-bands I uses channel extraction in Lab channels, pulled the L out and used a processed Ha stack as the L. Recombined using Channel Combination using the pure Ha as L and the a and b channels from the extraction.  That seemed to work on my LRGB images so I tried in this one.  

Archived