Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problems charging my NexStar 8 Evolution

I recently purchased a NexStar 8 Evolution, which does not hold a charge for more than an hour or so. When I try to recharge the battery, the charging light "flutters" and does not pulsate, nor does it ever remain constantly glowing when recharged (which I would imagine is the case). Someone suggested inserting a paper clip into the small hole under the plugs on the arm to reset, but this didn't alter the problem. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Also, on the StarSense had controller (recently purchased StarSense) there is a "U" next to the time input. Does anyone know how to change this from universal time to military time?  By military time, I'm referring to, for example) 12:00 = noon; 1:00 PM = 1300; 2:00 PM = 1400; etc.

He just wants to know how to change from a 12 hour clock to a 24 hour clock if that is possible. 

Edit: according to the manual the time is already a 24h clock so the u probably stands for utc and should be changed to the correct time zone by scrolling up or down when it is highlighted by the cursor. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 16:06, psy1280 said:

I recently purchased a NexStar 8 Evolution, which does not hold a charge for more than an hour or so. When I try to recharge the battery, the charging light "flutters" and does not pulsate, nor does it ever remain constantly glowing when recharged (which I would imagine is the case). Someone suggested inserting a paper clip into the small hole under the plugs on the arm to reset, but this didn't alter the problem. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Also, on the StarSense had controller (recently purchased StarSense) there is a "U" next to the time input. Does anyone know how to change this from universal time to military time?  By military time, I'm referring to, for example) 12:00 = noon; 1:00 PM = 1300; 2:00 PM = 1400; etc.

Hi, I experienced this 'Fluttering' & failure to charge, I changed the charger and it worked fine after that& holds charge for at least 4hours

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

I had the exact problem with my Evolution 8.   It would only hold the charge for a little over an hour and die.  I ended up sending the mount back to Celestron for repair,  about a 6 week ordeal.  Has worked perfectly since then.

Archived