NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Canon DSLR

russ

Not sure if everyone knows but Canon have released a new DSLR. It's called the 1000D or Rebel XS if you import it. It slots in below the 400D/450D in the Canon range and is their mega budget (Tesco Value equiv) model. Will be competing with the Nikon D40 and Olympus E420 on price, so that means £300 brand new. And there doesn't appear to be anything missing for astro use.

Russ

I heard the 400D was to be discontinued too, probably to make way for the 1000D.

If it has liveview then for its supposed price of £300, its going to kill the 300/350/400D market :grin:

Just read, the body will retail for £499, so a bit confused as this is the same price bracket as the 450D :lol:

Just read, the body will retail for £499, so a bit confused as this is the same price bracket as the 450D huh.gif

That must be the RRP, you can slash £100-150 off for the net price. I read it was going head to head with the Nikon D40 and that retails for £299. So Canon would struggle big time at £499 for body only.

There are some differences between the 1000D and 450D:

2.5" LCD vs 3.0" LCD

10.1mp vs 12.2mp

less AF points

cheapo plastic body

They are the ones i can remember. See here for more details:

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/Canon_1000D/

Regards

Russ

Archived