Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium

barry f

hi to all, I have downloaded this software a few times now, but i always have a problem that when i go to navigate to something like deep space  or even just stars the program crashes and need to be re launched has any one got any ideas as to how i can sort it out as its quite a handy tool  I have tried it on both 32 bit and 64 with the same results ?

You may want to double check that your graphics card supports OpenGL 3.1 as a minimum. There are several methods to view the OpenGL version (installing a 3rd party app).

I've had problems with OpenGL before.

HTH

Joe

Totally agree with Joe, it's usually a graphics card problem, especially if you downloaded the latest version.

If you go to the Sourceforge download site, try downloading an earlier version and keep rolling back until you find one that works.

My old laptop use to run it fine until I tried upgrading to Win 10, then Stellarium kept telling me "No open GL found", my graphics chip just wasn't man enough.

On my new laptop Win 10, latest version of Stellarium runs fine, due to different graphics chipset.

There will be a version on the site that will work.

Archived