Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter this morning....

Astro_Baby

Still dont have my new scope but heres Jupiter as seen through my Skywatcher 130 this morning. I was up at 2:00 to observe and made this sketch which I transferred to computer using an art package.

Jupiter and 4 Galilean moons and I could just about make out two major cloud bands. Damn I wish the 8" scope would have been here.

post-14805-133877342699_thumb.jpg

The Cannon ? You mean the 8" - still waiting for a replacement I'm afraid :crybaby: and the skys been clear the past two nights.

Cos I dont want to trek to a field at 2am when I have work in the morning I have taken to setting up the 130 near the south window of my flat and leaving the windows open all night so the room is more or less the same temp as outside and the scope is nice and cold. Its not perfect but its a better view than I would get at ground level where I live. For visual its ok(ish) but I cant wait to get the 8" out under a truly dark sky.

The Cannon ? You mean the 8" - still waiting for a replacement I'm afraid :crybaby: and the skys been clear the past two nights.

Cos I dont want to trek to a field at 2am when I have work in the morning I have taken to setting up the 130 near the south window of my flat and leaving the windows open all night so the room is more or less the same temp as outside and the scope is nice and cold. Its not perfect but its a better view than I would get at ground level where I live. For visual its ok(ish) but I cant wait to get the 8" out under a truly dark sky.

Must have been away longer than I thought, What happened to the 8"? :D

At the risk of being boring heres another sketch done last night - it was earlier in the night and the seeing conditions werent very good. I am doing most of my sketches by just making a rough drawing to get the positions and notes on stuff and the doing the actual drawing on an art package.

Luckily for me I am blessed with a near photographic memory so I can recall the shades and colors pretty exactly. I was observing a few hours and over the past few nights its been fascinating to watch the moons move slowly.

post-14805-133877342766_thumb.jpg

Archived