Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the amazing vanishing camera trick

a10ken

Hi folks, sometime ago (2015) AN ran an review on the DSO-1 video camera from matt Tudor of astro video systems (us), I consequently ordered one , how many SGL members did the same and how many received there cameras???

Well a10Ken I also have had the same unfortunate experience with an AVS APU-1.  Ordered Sept 29th 2015, check cashed (my mistake for that method) and told 4-5 weeks delivery.

No response from the dealer in weeks.

Rather than belabor the subject here....I sent you a private message.

Regards,

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

The issues with AVS have been going on for more than a bit.  I ordered my APU-1 back in December of 2013 with delivery promised in two weeks.  After four months I was promised my money back.  Didn't receive camera or money.  Apparently others had the same experience.   

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/529435-who-is-astro-videocom/

I wrote off the $600 US loss and bought a Lodestar thanks to Nytecam.  I've been a happy camper/astronomer ever since.

Don

Hi Don ,I'm completely aware of the situation regarding the cameras from avs but I didn't want to start any arguments from supporters of these cameras,all two of them !,just to make aware to people like yourself who paid for a camera in good faith and never received it,,,that via avs yahoo they may have a chance of speaking to matt,but those who have been in communications with him previously know his style in responding to certain critism, like myself ?

Sorry to hear that he has not been feeling well. With such a following of his products why on earth didn't he post such on Yahoo, his website, and answer inquires with a short and to the point explanation and when he gets better follow up in the same manner. He has a blog on his site, I sure wish he would of used it. 

He could of posted something on this site or any of the other forums, etc. that are available.   Sounds like I am into sour grapes.....rightfully so.

Still looking for my refund.

Clear skies to all.

Chuck

To follow up folks,  I did receive 75% of my refund yesterday and am pursuing the rest.  I will now stop beating this horse and get on with working with my Mallincam DSc, after of

course paying homage to the clear sky Gods, I think they are angry  with me.

Chuck

Archived