Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dither

brrttpaul

A suitable guide scope for an ED80 could be either an Orion 50mm guide scope or just a 9x50 finderscope. Modern Astronomy are selling QHY5-11 for £133 and that would be great for guiding. I use a QHY5 and you can sometimes pick one of those up for around £100 or less. I don't use EQMOD either - I just use the handset and it works for me. I try to keep things as simple as possible with the least software that I can get away with but I couldn't do it without BYE.

Peter

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that camera mentioned a few times QHY5-11, that looks like what I need, the guide scope I seem to have a bit of difficulty , looked on flo and the only one i can see is the star travel (which looks a bit big for my needs, I will have a look now on some other sites for the orion 50mm, I would need the slider thing to fit it to my scope also as theres no shoe or anything on it

i have just found this that comes with a shoe,http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orion-Mini-50mm-Guide-Scope/dp/B004SFUO9U but after looking at the newer equinx 80 (comes with a shoe) to see where exactly the shoe is fitted, on mine it has a single hole so im guessing the guy i bought it off took the shoe off before selling it. All the shoes I have seen though attach to the scope with two screws not one, or is there a shoe with one screw that i havnt come across?

Its an Equinox ED80 I bought it 2nd hand and it has no shoe attached it does though have a single hole in the tube, but all the shoes I have seen use two holes, I think the earlier versions of the equinox ed80 didnt have the shoe so guessing this is an older model, the newer ones do have a shoe attached, whether they have two holes or one though i have no idea

There's nothing wrong with the finder but that holder... Hmmm. It looks like a whole lot of flexure to me. 

You could just piggy back an ST80 with its supplied rings. Guidescope rings are no longer required with today's guide cameras. 

Archived