NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

3D printed filter wheel carousel

Astroboffin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gina said:

I'll see what else I can find.  Or I could make the above version a bit bigger and add timing holes.  What diameter would you like it to be?

6 hours ago, Gina said:

I'll see what else I can find.  Or I could make the above version a bit bigger and add timing holes.  What diameter would you like it to be?

Hi Gina,

i would need it to be 95mm diameter with a 5mm centre hole

many thanks

16 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Yes that would be it, I found the video and added a link to the earlier reply

Also sorry to digress there are some excellent extensions to add to repair your model.

Cleanup

Solidinspector

Solidinspector2

Edgetools2

Yes, that was it - has to be a component when you do the insertion and not a group! I have some of those extentions and will check out the ones I don't. Thanks.

ChrisH

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Gosh, I've used that to cut holes in my cylinder on my C70 project. I found a youtube video that have the approach but I will say it took lots of searching to find it. If I find the video I will add a link here as it rescued me and it works, I didn't think I missed a step out.

It must be a component before you drag it through the shape.

Must explode it afterwards

Must select all the bits and all the model bits it interfaces with and then select intersect with model or selection depending on what you picked, I had a small model so selected all and intersect with model.

Good luck

Found the youtube video

Wonderful :)  Thank you very much :) I'm always wanting to do that and only managed holes in cylinders by flattening them before as I posted above.

Archived