NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette nebula in Ha with mono DSLR

Luis Campos

Hi guys,

Just a quick go at the Rosette in halpha, stack of 12x900 secs at 1600 ISO and 0cº on the sensor, na darks used, just bias and flat for callibration.

Altair Astro 200mm f/4 newt. (stopped down to 175mm f/4.6) mono & TEC cooled Canon 550D, Baader 7 nm 36mm Ha filter.

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

The weather remains impossible mission, this was a lucky 3 hours worth of clear sky and that's it for the next weeks...we need to stay strong!

Cheers,

Thanks Paul :)

The apperture mask is only to get better pin point starsand a bit flatter field with better correction, at native f/4 the stars were allways a bit "hairy" but it's good as it gets now :)

The contrast is because of the filter  (7 nm ha) and also the processing, I worked a bit to bring the dark globules to life :) using a layer mask in high pass mode under PS.

No good skies for me...I image from my heavilly light polluted backyard literally under the streetlamps. You can get away only with NB filters under these conditions, that's why I went for modifying my camera to work with full resollution with narrownband (debayer and cooling).

Cheers

If you're imaging at 7 nm then you've actually got a huge amount of [NII] in there as well, boosting the signal. I've gone to 3 nm Astrodons to fight London's LP and to separate Ha and [NII].

See my post in Steppenwolf's Rosette thread.

20 hours ago, DaveS said:

If you're imaging at 7 nm then you've actually got a huge amount of [NII] in there as well, boosting the signal. I've gone to 3 nm Astrodons to fight London's LP and to separate Ha and [NII].

See my post in Steppenwolf's Rosette thread.

That's interesting...I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the insight :)

Archived