Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera cooler, lost it all, starting from scratch...

Dave_D

So with a great start to the year, harddrive AND backup drive going kaput within 30 minutes of eachother, i've lost all the sketches i've written. Anyway, my camera cooling sketch is now going to use interupts and hardware debouncing instead of sloppy software debounce code and constant polling for button presses.

Question is, has anyone used inverted schmitt triggers in any of their projects?

Oh dear :(   My sympathy.  I've used schmitt trigger chips but forget whether they were inverting or not.  One reason I like to post my sketches on here is that it provides a backup - as well as providing info to others.

Hi Dave,

Aren't computers wonderful!!

I haven't actually used hardware debouncing but, if you haven't seen it before, I found this article by Jack Ganssle very helpful. http://www.ganssle.com/debouncing-pt2.htm

On a similar topic, I bought a second-hand copy of Jack Ganssle's book - The Art of Designing Embedded Systems . Only about a tenner from one of the second-hand dealers on Amazon. It is worth every penny and is proving really useful in my attempts to tame the electron.

Regards, Hugh

Archived