Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first moonie

mark RD

This is my first attempt on the moon :lol: very happy with result,

There was a thin layer of cloud across the moon which help to reduce light ( I do not have a moon filter yet :( )

I had alot of problems to align the camera as it was a bit of a rush as I did not know if the clouds where going to get thicker

I used a trust 820 camera and a celestron 32mm EP.

moon2000pm4022006large5vf.jpg

Well done, just proves you don't need expensive equipment to get a result, over exposed or not.

( I take it the camera is fully auto and you had no choice.

nabban

you got that right :lol: I normaly only use it for pics for ebay but now its getting stuck on the end of the telescope once in a while.

I might need to look in to a better one sometime.

Nice first picture Mark! You might want to try an aperture mask (piece of card with a hole in it that you put over the front end of your scope) as it's much cheaper than even a moon filter. Actually, I prefer the aperture mask, as it's less messing about to put on the front of the scope, rather than screwing the thing onto whichever ep you are using at the moment. I took a pic of the moon a few hours after yours, using 116x magnification. I just had a look at it in the camera, and it is better than I though last night.

Nice first picture Mark! You might want to try an aperture mask (piece of card with a hole in it that you put over the front end of your scope) as it's much cheaper than even a moon filter. Actually, I prefer the aperture mask, as it's less messing about to put on the front of the scope, rather than screwing the thing onto whichever ep you are using at the moment. I took a pic of the moon a few hours after yours, using 116x magnification. I just had a look at it in the camera, and it is better than I though last night.

This was taken at 20.00hrs today :lol: W H ( Hot off the press )

I have an aperture mask in my dew cap, I just remove the small 60mm cap and away we go. As I said I was in a bit of a hurry and I had no idea it was going to come out as well as it did, I'm sure I can get a better image next time, hopefully not though light cloud this time, I only have the 32mm EP that my camera mount will strangle at the moment, I'm waiting on a Meade 4000 15mm coming from the US and a Meade 4000 26mm coming from Gaz

Mark

Mark I think that's a cracking image. Grats. :(

The other answer to the britness issue would be to turn down the artificial shutter speed on your trust cam.

Next time I get the chance I,ll try that, hopefully get alittle closer as well :lol:

Mark

Archived