Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nexstar 8Se Recommission

Hi

I have a NexStar 8SE. I've not used it for nearly two years as since moving I no longer have access to a dark back garden. It has been setup in our conservatory with the dust caps on both ends and all the lenses have dust caps on both ends. To prepare if for reuse is there anything I need to do other than dust down the outside? Which tbh isn't that dusty anyway?

Sounds like its been stored suitably. The only recommendation that I can offer is to wind the focusing backwards and forwards to the limits a few times to re-spread the lubrication grease between the mirror mount and the shade tube. Despite being myself a 8se owner I've no idea about the accessories that you listed as I've never needed them.

Sounds like its been stored suitably. The only recommendation that I can offer is to wind the focusing backwards and forwards to the limits a few times to re-spread the lubrication grease between the mirror mount and the shade tube. Despite being myself a 8se owner I've no idea about the accessories that you listed as I've never needed them.

How many rotations does the focuser on yours travel from start to finish? I'm pretty sure mine doesn't stop?

Archived