Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I need a software to see planets, like Google Earth

erman30

I need to make an art work for university about planets (does not matter wich of them). I have tried with google earth http://www.freedownloadsplace.com/Download-Google-Earth-Free-15959.htm but can see just images from the Earth. I was reading on a blog about other planets images maked with this program but i can't see. Can you recommend a tool to make this ?

Hi. The only decent software i know of where you can look around the solar system is celestia.

You can get Pretty good detailed maps of the planets in the form of extra texture addons. Some of the

texture files can be pretty big though .. up to 400 megs .

As Ant said. This may or may not be what you want...

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/gallery.html

Mark

Use Microsoft WorldWide Telescope.

Google Earth, well GoogleSky is really quite bad, the images are very crude and I would rate MS WWT higher. Not only can you get clear images of the planets but the program also allows you to select a wide variety of telescope and satellites to view the universe in a range of wavelengths.

Use Microsoft WorldWide Telescope.

Google Earth, well GoogleSky is really quite bad, the images are very crude and I would rate MS WWT higher. Not only can you get clear images of the planets but the program also allows you to select a wide variety of telescope and satellites to view the universe in a range of wavelengths.

I agree, WWT is great and there's a moon and Mars option as well.

Archived