Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 - A surprising result from a small amount of subs

JR1987

This time last year I took my first punt at astrophotography with M42. So I thought id return to see the contrast of what id learnt in 2015.

We had a small window of opportunity tonight and if Ive learnt one thing, in the last few months.. its to not be fussy and think

"naahh.. the skies arent good enough tonight, next time" - Because you will never ever get any data. 

I quickly set up and managed around 33 minutes of data, I plan to go back to this to gather a couple of hours more but as always I can never resist a stack and play in Pixinsight/Photoshop.

This to my eyes, has turned out surprisingly well for half and hour of data. Its even more clear to me now why its so popular as a first image.. You can get good results very quickly! 

Anyway, I couldnt resist sharing this one.. at 11x180 subs 11 darks and 11 bias, its ironically probably one of my better images.

Im still a beginner, But I think im starting to get the hang of it now, ...at last! 

post-41186-0-70638600-1452469001_thumb.p

Archived