NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Something I am not geting right

I think it would help to see the component mono images, your star colour is quite neutral to have come from Ha/SII/OIII data how have you mapped the colours?

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You (probably) have a high background on all channels, so likely you need to use a different stretch ('Wipe' in StarTools, 'DBE' in PixInsight, 'Levels' in PS) to remove it then stretch what remains.

ChrisH

I move file to my mac have PixInsight on that one. every thing was done in nebulosity 4 on window I have no paint programs on this one.

It might be that you just don't have enough data in your OIII and SII channels, I get this all the time. The Ha data is great on its own but when I bring in the other channels it looks poor because the OIII and SII is overstretched.

/Dan

Yeh it seems the Ha is both more resilient to unwanted signal from light pollution and much richer in desirable signal than the SII and OIII.

Even when I am trying to get more OIII than Ha I often end up with more Ha as OIII on moonlit nights isn't very good.

On some targets there isn't any OIII anyway and all the OIII filter picks up is reflection nebulosity that is broad band and stars.

/Dan

Archived