Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to work out how good or bad your sky is?

leo82

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this is of any help, but I'm nr stoke and the skies of late have been pretty dire even on the best nights. I guess that with the relative warmth we've been having for this time of yr, coupled with large amounts of rain, the air is somewhat full of moisture

Lately even in orion due south I can only see a couple of stars inside his body (apart from the main ones of course). the other night, even m42 was faint, Didn't even bother that night :(

@auspom hopefully it is only due to the mild weather were having and that things will only get better as winter kicks in.

I managed to have an hour outside tonight in amongst the clouds, fortunately the rain held off.

In Cassiopeia the faintest star was HIP2599 this being 4.15 and in perseus was HIP13254 also being 4.2 so now my nelm has jumped to 4.2.

Archived