Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A word of caution for sellers

Before Christmas I received an email from the freight handler to say my claim for compensation is being processed. Today I get an email saying that a cheque has been raised & will be posted out in the next......wait for it......seven working days.

This really is taking the ..... not only are my goods lost for nearly 2 months it takes them nearly 2 weeks to  put the cheque in the post.

The freight industry should hang their heads in shame. We have to put up with shoddy delivery, thieving employees and inconsiderate claims departments. :hmh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally the cheque arrived. It was written on the 6th of January by hand but not posted until the 19th. Deliberately held back for whatever reason. I'm going to vote with my feet & I will never use that courier broker again. They should hang their heads in shame. It is bad that the parcel got "lost" but there is nothing worse than having to wait nearly 2 months for compensation put down to deliberate delaying tactics- they simply do not like paying out irrespective of you having to pay for the privilege of "enhanced" cover. 

Well at least you got the money in the end.

Sadly many companies employ 'bean counters' whose main purpose in life is to make the company appear better financially than it actually is.
By paying everyone late, you have more in the bank (or a lower overdraft) and are therefore more successful.
Unhappy customers and suppliers are irrelevant to these people as they do not have to deal with them.

Time to name and shame?

Theft / loss is one thing but I always pack items with the assumption they will be dropped at least a few times, kicked and thrown several on the journey. 

Sometimes, it's worth spending £30 on fuel to meet someone halfway but I do use couriers a lot. It's a sad state of affairs but they have us over a barrel. I use interparcel.com almost exclusively and generally choose UPS for delicates and Hermes for anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 16:38, Moonshane said:

Theft / loss is one thing but I always pack items with the assumption they will be dropped at least a few times, kicked and thrown several on the journey. 

Sometimes, it's worth spending £30 on fuel to meet someone halfway but I do use couriers a lot. It's a sad state of affairs but they have us over a barrel. I use interparcel.com almost exclusively and generally choose UPS for delicates and Hermes for anything else.

Sadly the broker was the one you use exclusively. Hope you don't experience an issue where you need to put in an insurance claim!

Archived