NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which Coordinates

53 degrees 31 minutes North

1 degree 23 minutes West

Very likely entered the other way round = 1 degree 23 minutes West, is I suspect the first value the scope wants.

If you get it wrong then the scope thinks it is Northern Brazil, that really causes problems.

Watch out for the Date it is in US format.

Time Zone will be 0 or UTC 0 = depends on what the latest software expects.

Just a thought - does the 8SE not have GPS as part of the system? If it does then you should not need to do anything for location or time except wait for the GPS to acquire sufficent satellites to work out where it is.

53 degrees 31 minutes North

1 degree 23 minutes West

Very likely entered the other way round = 1 degree 23 minutes West, is I suspect the first value the scope wants.

If you get it wrong then the scope thinks it is Northern Brazil, that really causes problems.

Watch out for the Date it is in US format.

Time Zone will be 0 or UTC 0 = depends on what the latest software expects.

Just a thought - does the 8SE not have GPS as part of the system? If it does then you should not need to do anything for location or time except wait for the GPS to acquire sufficent satellites to work out where it is.

The scope doesn't have this facility out of the box but needs an accessory, which to me seems overpriced at about £150.

From degrees and decimal degrees multiply the decimal bit to get degrees and minutes.

To get degrees minutes and seconds multiply the decimal of the minutes by 60.

16 decimal places is a bit overkill, GPS is nowhere near that accurate.

0.00001° is around 1m so no point going lower than that!

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the forum. From your co-ordinates you must be in the north of Sheffield.

As I also got confused with millions of numbers after the decimal point. I download a compass app for my galaxy S6 phone, that gave me the exact location in degrees, hours, minutes and seconds. But also my elevation above sea level,

Archived