NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Best eye pieces for Baadr Mark V Binoviewers

CeeDee

Anyone have experience with various eyepieces for binoviewer observing.  I have just purchased a BP Mark V binoviewer and with its wide FOV need to get a small number of medium to wide eeyepieces for it (over time!)  

I have a Panoptic 24mm already which I seldom use in my 'fractors,  so another would pair nicely with the Mark Vs.  Of that I am certain.

I am toying with idea of getting the Baader Morpheus 17.5mm and 12.5mm eps as well.  Anyone had any experience using with these in BVs?  

Need eps that have a FOV at least 68-80 I should think.

Any other suggestions? 

I use my Mark V mostly with the Baader Mark III zooms. They work nicely, particularly at magnifications where FOV is more generous. I also love to use the 28mm RKEs during New Moon. Any Plossls should work with the Mark Vs. Enjoy!

Roberto

Thanks rrb24 that's good feedback.  I am also wondering whether the Denkmeier power switch diagonal would work with Mark V bins. 

Anyone got feedback on that combination? 

Another option might be the APM Meoptra zooms.   If I could have found a good review on these, as they have a  fixed apparent field.

I have justy found another solution and probably the best yet...if it works!   The Denkmeier Power Switch Diagonal    http://denkmeier.com...&category_ID=20 seems to offer the best of all worlds and would probably mean only using one  pair (two at the most)  sets of eyepieces.  Has anyone had any experience with this setup?

,,, another option is the Baader's own  Morpheus line with 76 degree APOV.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/baader-planetarium/baader-morpheus-76-degree-wide-field-eyepieces.html

I have not moved to binov iewing  but there seems to be 2 camps - 1 prefer the narrower FOV EPs others the WF so know your likes and check the apparent field of view before buying.  It is my understanding that two eyepieces means 1/2 the brightness in each. 

Yes, I have read that Balok. However, what I have found is that as you are observing with two eyes (a natural state for the brain to deal with) there are benefits with contrast and apparent more detail that seems to cancel out any loss of light due to the  splitting of the light path. 

I agree, the Morpheus eps seem to be very well suited for binoviewing.  I am moving more and more towards the Denkmeier Power x Switch diagonal and two sets of eps: 24mm Pans and 14mm Morpheus.  Fortunately, a member of our astro group has an older model Power x Switch forme to try with the Baader Mark Vs.

I'll keep you posted.

Archived