Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Triangulum galaxy

Tommohawk

So last night I did the astro hokey-cokey dodging the showers .... "you put your telescope in, your telescope out, in out in out ...." 

Frustrating cos I got all nice polar aligned and then had to clear it all away, and then it was all going nicely until 11.45 and then more rain. Forecast was for a shower then clear til morning but I was done in by then. Packed up in a rush and didn't put the cap on before bringing the scope in so tons of condensation on the primary - bit of a pain.

On the plus side though I'd made some tweaks to the dovetail to fix cone error and the pointing seems heaps better - maybe a fluke. Also, critically, guiding worked properly again after  a disastrous session last time out.

Finally lashed out on a coma corrector so went for a biggish target - M33 - which I hadn't tried before. Pretty pleased with the outcome but hope to add some more data. Still not 100% sure about the processing, maybe overdid it a bit.

9 x 8 minute subs, IOS 800, master dark, new flats, master bias. HEQ5, 200PDS, EOS 550D with SW Coma corrector. DSS and Paint.Net. Reduced to 8 bit PNG file.

Hope you like it.

post-33831-0-11357400-1449667902_thumb.p

Thanks all!

Re. the red bias I cant see that - partly because my colour vision is rubbish - but  did align in DSS first. That said I stretched it to blazes afterwards in Paint.net, and I cant see any easy way of aligning channels with this. I tried importing it back into DSS but it wouldnt - not sure why.

Archived