Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finderscope for astromaster 114eq

Can anyone recommend a budget finder scope that I could attach to my astromaster? I wear glasses and I can't seem to make any use of the red dot finder that comes with it. The light pollution in my back garden is quite bad so a finderscope would probably be better for me than a Telrad.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan 

Got a 6 X 30 Skywatcher right angles finderscope for my new ST120mm refractor. It's a doddle to align with the scope using two screws only, and the optics are supperb for the price range. They do a 9 X 50 too, but that is more expensive. There are 4 different types, two which show the image correctly, and two which show it as in a Newtonian scope so east is west, and west is east, so if you do order on make sure you get the one wit the view you require.

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/skywatcher-right-angled-magnified-finderscopes.html

If you don't think a red dot or illuminated reticule finder (eg: Telrad) will work then a right angle correct image optical finder is the best option. You will need to drill the tube to fit the finder shoe though, unless you can find a way to fasten the finder mount on some other way. It needs to be firmly mounted though because any movement and you will loose the alignment with the main scope.

I have a 9x50 RACI finder and one of the 6x30 RACI's and find them both very useful. With the finder shoe factored in they do cost more than the Telrad or Rigel Quickfinder. The latter would be a good option if an illuminated reticule finder will to the trick.

Archived