Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette Bi-Color HA OIII

Rudeviewer

This is my first narrowband attempt with my new Baader Narrowband filters.  Never combined images using pixel math I pixinsight so I am sure this isn't right, but I am really pleased with it anyways.  Very minimal Processing done dynamic background extraction and a 2 step stretch and saturation adjustment. 

11x1200s HA

2x1800S OIII

post-34263-0-08360800-1447628735_thumb.p

Can't help with what's right and what is wrong, I guess we as AP'ers have some degree of artistic licence. If it looks and feels good to you then that's all that matters :cool: . My own personal goal is a natural feel...whatever that is lol. That being said, I love both of these images. The first is more subtle and the second feels very energetic and the detail in the data is absolutely superb. Makes me want to go NB even more!!!!!

PS it really is a tough choice lol... buuuuuut.... I think the second really brings out the detail.  :grin:

Thank you very much for the comments.  I tried a lot of different color combos for the data I had, but I think the gold brought out more detail for some reason.  Wish I could have brought more blue out of the middle like I have seen online, but I just couldn't get the blue.  Sorta stayed purple in the middle.

Archived