Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone seen these before?

gooseholla

Hi,

Was looking at power solutions for my secondary mirror dew heater and came across this.

61UN13RfnGL._SL1024_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O0M713S

12v, 16v r 19v, 5v USB and 16.8AH capacity? £50 I paid to give it a go - don't care about the car start function. Seems to have good reviews online and be solidly built. Has a fuel gauge too which lights up. Loads of cables in the box. Small and light -  I reckon I could hang it from my secondary cage with few problems and you wouldn't even know it was in a pocket. Going to be trying it eagerly the next few weeks and seeing if it is any good. If not, being from Amazon they can have it back :grin:

So anyone else seen or used this type of thing before?

John

Its not 5AH, it is 16.8AH...

I have a cheap 5V only version that powers my EQ3-2 mount for days on end another one is used with a step up buck converter to power my camera, 4800mA H but only a fiver each I would like a multi voltage one though.

Alan

Yeah I looked at getting a couple of them and hooking them together to run the dew heater but with the added benefits this had for actually being 12V and 19V I went with this. I think if I ran this flat, it would be a good 40 hours worth of use with a dew heater on the secondary. Now I only observe for 5 or 6 hours a night at most so I think a couple of days before needing charging to top it up should be easy for it to handle. 

John

Its not 5AH, it is 16.8AH...

Yeah I looked at getting a couple of them and hooking them together to run the dew heater but with the added benefits this had for actually being 12V and 19V I went with this. I think if I ran this flat, it would be a good 40 hours worth of use with a dew heater on the secondary. Now I only observe for 5 or 6 hours a night at most so I think a couple of days before needing charging to top it up should be easy for it to handle. 

John

I would read that as 1.68AH the box has 16800mAH i might be a nought out see what others think......

Archived