SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon eos100d

I use the 100D (modded) and find it works well. As for the battery, last time out I was taking 3.5 minute exposures and easily got two hours out of the battery. I tend to do that and then swap over for my spare - use one/charge one. I tried a power adapter, but it didn't work so I got cold feet for ordering another - but too start a spare will do you find - I got a duracell one for under £15 and it works well.

Only used it a couple of times, but the images in this thread were taken with it

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/256072-back-having-another-go-at-m31/

I am a beginner though, so I am sure I will be able to get more from it. 

I believe it is also one of the smallest DSLRs out there, so very light. It doesn't have the flip out screen though, so if you are using the camera screen to take/view photos, you make get neck-ache

Other than SGL, I don't think I have used many websites for a full course in astrophotography - the best place to start is the book Making Every Photon Count - excellent primer.

As a comment to the reply above, to avoid neck ache you can connect the camera to a laptop or computer via USB and control it from the computer to avoid neck ache from trying to look at the settings, however for looking through the viewfinder you can get 90° adapters or you could just lay down underneath it.

As a comment to the reply above, to avoid neck ache you can connect the camera to a laptop or computer via USB and control it from the computer to avoid neck ache from trying to look at the settings, however for looking through the viewfinder you can get 90° adapters or you could just lay down underneath it.

Yeah, I use APT which the OP might be interested in - there is a free trial version, but it is very cheap for a license....

Archived