Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Amazing what is hidden in my images...

No I don't mean Elvis on Mars... after having discovered what could be pulled out of my M31 images (which are the best subs I've got so far) I've been going through some of my older subs with my new found skills. OK some of my attempts end up like plates of luminous spaghetti, but  I had to share this one.

This was the best of what my first attempts at processing M101 gave me:

post-43529-0-36091800-1445633576_thumb.j

Now I won't pretend this isn't a bit garish, but I am so tickled by how much detail was hiding in those 30-second subs...

post-43529-0-49146400-1445633778_thumb.j

Here's another one, this had a massive gradient left to right, now it's a mass of colourful stars (note little red garnet star at bottom left) and some hints of nebulosity:

post-43529-0-51786000-1445633885_thumb.j

Now I know how to polar align better and get lots more subs and increase my exposure times it's exciting to think what my future pictures will be showing.

Now I know how to polar align better and get lots more subs and increase my exposure times it's exciting to think what my future pictures will be showing.

The North American standsout just below Deneb.

Just think what 2 or 3 or 5 minute subs will get you.

The North American standsout just below Deneb.

Just think what 2 or 3 or 5 minute subs will get you.

I know, I've got up to 120 seconds reliably, and am sure I can get longer but I'm pushing it up a bout 20 seconds at a time!

Frustrating thing is I'm waiting for a new sensor after messing up and astro-conversion :-(

Archived